WisPolitics.com will host a DC luncheon on December 6 at The Monocle Restaurant featuring U.S. Rep. Bryan Steil. The Janesville Republican from Wisconsin’s 1st Congressional District is part of the team preparing for the GOP takeover of the House next session.
Bryan Steil has a promising vision for the future of Wisconsin and its residents. His plans involve:
- Keeping Communities Safe. Supporting law enforcement and ensuring they have what they need to keep Wisconsinites safe.
- Education & Workforce Development. The government will not interfere with improving and growing the WI workforce. Wisconsin needs quality high schools, effective technical colleges, and affordable, high-quality universities to prepare them for future careers.
- Debt & Deficit. The government spends too much of our money, and reckless spending contributes to rising inflation and skyrocketing prices.
- Securing the Border. Drug and human trafficking are out of control at the border, and deadly fentanyl is coming through in record numbers, etc.
- The Second Amendment. Law-abiding citizens have the constitutional right to bear arms, and he plans on protecting second amendment rights for Wisconsinites.
- Pro-life POV. Wishes to prevent taxpayer money used to fund abortions across the state and will support various pro-life proposals, such as the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, among others.
- Veterans and Military Support. Addressing the problem of translating military training to credentials for licenses and certifications. Ensuring veterans have access to healthcare and other benefits promptly.
- Election Security. He has fought to keep voter ID mandatory, wants to restore faith in elections, and wishes to ensure that Wisconsin will be given fair and free elections.
The luncheon is $39 per person and includes a meal. Founded in 1960, The Monocle has earned an incredibly high reputation as the Capitol Hill neighborhood’s “first tablecloth restaurant.” You can register to attend this luncheon here.
Members of Congress, staff, and visitors hold The Monocle in high regard. The restaurant is the closest to the U.S. Capitol building and Union Station, and many have dubbed it a classic favorite. Learn more about the monocle here.
Check-in will begin at 11:45 a.m. The event will last from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 6. The Monocle restaurant is located at 107 D St NE, Washington, DC 20002, and can be found between Union Station and the Senate office buildings close to the Capitol.