- Waukesha JanBoree will take place from January 13 to January 22, 2023.
- Some (not all) of the hosted events require registration before attending and/or small fees to participate.
- Hot chocolate, sledding, ice skating, ice sculpting, warming up in the heated beer garden, or listening to stories fireside, JanBoree has something for everyone to enjoy.
- Register for a toboggan ride, enjoy the 19th annual geocaching event or test your skills at the ice bocce tournament.
Waukesha JanBoree will kick off on Friday, January 13, through January 22, 2023. The ten days of new-year celebration is sure to have something for the entire family to enjoy.
Explore the Lowell Survival Camp and learn new skills while partaking in outdoor adventures. Breathe fresh air and take in the nature around you as you navigate a compass treasure hunt, test your skills panning for gold, plus many more activities to keep the fun going. Activities will take place from 5:30 to 7:45 p.m.
Your family can go ice skating or sledding, enjoy music from a live DJ, and enjoy the warmth of a campfire as well. In addition, educators Credit Union will provide free hot chocolate kits from 5:00 to 8:30 p.m. while supplies last. Concessions will also be available from Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria.
Grown-ups can enjoy the outdoor beer garden from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. in a heated tent so you can warm up while you enjoy your frosty beverage. You can even grab some Raised Grain Brewing Co. products to take home. Also, buy a koozie for a dollar; the proceeds benefit the Parade Memorial Fund. Beer Garden will be open on Saturday as well. You must be 21+ to consume or purchase alcohol.
At 8:00 p.m., The Wild, Wild Sky Fireworks display will light up the winter night sky. Everyone loves fireworks; watch them after all the family-fun activities to end your night with a bang! There will be plenty of street parking if you’d prefer to watch the display from your car.
Other activities on Friday, January 13, include:
- Ice Sculpting Demo
- Wild Snow Sculpting Demo
- Yukon (Toboggan) Slide – registration required!
- Glow Wild Walk – registration required!
Saturday marks yet another day packed full of fun. The whole family can enjoy the Aurora Borealis Laser Light Show, lighting up the sky at Lowell park. Parents and children can work together to make creative animal masks at the Make & Play Workshop or enjoy their 19th annual geocaching event, which is also great for all ages.
Don’t forget to kick back and laugh with some family-friendly improv comedy featuring talented Academy students. Catch Academy LIVE! Between 10:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
If comedy isn’t your cup of tea, try a cup of hot chocolate instead and some Wild Stories by the Fire! Between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., you and your kiddos can gather to hear children’s stories with librarians from the Bridges Library System. Warm beverages and treats will be available to purchase from Mama D’s, and the Learning Center will be open to enjoy.
Other events to check out on Saturday during Waukesha JanBoree:
- Ice Bocce Tournament – entrance fee plus registration required!
- Solar Observing – daytime astronomy
- Space Quiz – get tickets!
- Winter Wildlife Exploration – enjoy using free snowshoes, first come, first serve.
- Indoor Ice Skating – registration is required for free ice skating. Skate rental is $3 per pair while supplies last.
- Winter Wonderland
- Calling the Wild Trivia
- Aurora Borealis Laser Light Show
Planned Events Throughout Waukesha JanBoree Winter Festival:
- Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- Friday, January 20, 2023
- Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Frosty 5K
- Families Have a “Hoot”
- CBS 58 Tornado Ready Presentation
- Ice Sculpting Competition
- Crites Field Flannel Fly-In
- Creepy Crawly Zoo
- Ice Fishing Clinic
- Hands-on History
- Alaskan Malamute Weight Pull Event
- Habitat Exploration & Family Fun
- Bean Bag Tournament
- Makerspace Open Studio
- Penguin Egg Hunt
- Winter Animal Plushies & Mosaic Art
- Yukon Slide
- Animal-themed Make & Take
- Indoor Ice Skating – Naga-Waukee
- Park Ice Arena
- Sunset/Candlelight Hike
- Top Gun Maverick Showing
- Ongoing Weekday Events
- Sunday, January 22, 2023
Want to learn more about the Waukesha JanBoree Winter Festival? Check it out here, and don’t forget to sign up for any events you’d like to experience that require registration. So pack up the family and head out to Waukesha JanBoree if you want to start the new year by creating fun memories with your family and friends.